How to search using filters
On the search results page you can refine your results using the filters located on the right-hand side of the page.
You can select one or many filters and your results will update automatically as you select each one. The number in parenthesis tells you the number of available jobs for that filter. When you select a filter, it will appear above your search results—click the x to remove a filter from your search.
Top filters include:
- Hiring path—who is eligible and may apply to the job.
- Pay—salary or GS grade level.
- Department—a specific department.
- Agency—a specific agency.
- Series—a unique identifier for job occupations and categories.
- Zero job openings—a way to see filters with no current job openings.
More filters include:
- Location—the distance from a city – the default is 25-miles.
- Remote jobs—jobs that allow you to work full time from your home or an approved alternative worksite.
- Offers telework—jobs that allow you to work some of the time from your home or an approved alternative worksite, but also require you to work from the official agency worksite part of the time.
- Offers relocation assistance—an office may offer this if you need to relocate for the job.
- Work schedule—full-time, part-time, job share and more.
- Appointment type—permanent, temporary, internships and more.
- Security clearance and position sensitivity and risk—the different levels of security clearance required.
- Travel percentage—how often you’ll need to travel.
- Mission-critical career fields—job fields that are in high-demand within the federal government.